The UW Colleges and UW-Extension Human Resources function exists to provide advice, counsel, services, and programs that maximize the positive impact of the human resources in the operations of the institutions and ensure alignment with the mission of education and its governing bodies.
Human Resources is responsible for the development, implementation, administration, and evaluation of humans resources policies, procedures, and programs that support the missions of both institutions by providing for
- Strategic alignment of Human Resources with the institutions' missions
- Provision of services to employees
- Management of administrative infrastructure and services
- Management of transformation and change
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published the revised version of the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. The updated form includes a separate Instructions Page for Form I-9.
By January 22, 2017 employers must use only the new version, dated 11/14/2016 N.
Among the changes in the new version, Section 1 asks for "other last names used" rather "other names used," and streamlines certification for certain foreign nationals.
Other changes include:
- The addition of prompts to ensure information is entered correctly.
- The ability to enter multiple prepares and translators.
- A dedicated area for including additional information rather than having to add it in the margins.
- A supplemental page for the preparer/translator.
The instructions have been separated from the form, in line with other USCIS forms, and include specific instructions for completing each field.
The revised Form I-9 is also easier to complete on a computer. Enhancements include drop-down lists and calendars for filling in dates, on-screen instructions for each field, easy access to the full instructions, and an option to clear the form and start over.
For questions on the revised Form I-9, please contact OHR at firstname.lastname@example.org