This page includes general Benefits information for both UW Colleges and UW Extension employees. The University of Wisconsin offers a wide range of employee benefits. Your personal benefits information can be found in your portal (http://my.wisconsin.edu).
Information and Forms
- Benefits Summaries
- Insurance Information
- Retirement Information
- Other Benefits
WRS Contribution Rates for 2013 are Set. Check them out on ETF's Website
The Time Is Now. Enroll, Make Changes…
The Annual Benefit Enrollment Period for 2013 is Coming!
Don't miss your once a year opportunity to enroll or make changes to your benefits!
The Annual Benefit Enrollment Period begins on October 8, 2012 and ends on November 2, 2012 for all participating plans. This is the only time during the year when you may make benefit plan changes unless you have a life event (marriage, birth, divorce, etc.) that allows you to add or change benefits. You can also cancel any of your insurance plans for 2013.
During this time you can enroll in or make changes to the following plans offering enrollment opportunities:
- State Group Health Insurance
- Dental Wisconsin dental insurance
- VSP vision insurance
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) – must re-enroll every year.
If currently enrolled in Individual and Family Life Insurance, you may increase your employee, spouse/domestic partner and/or child coverage level during this time.
If currently enrolled in EPIC Benefits+ with the additional Vision Benefit Option, you may cancel the Vision Benefit Option during this period. You may also remove currently covered dependents.
If you do nothing, your current insurance coverage will continue in 2013 with the following exceptions – you must re-enroll in ERA every year and Anthem DentalBlue will no longer be available in 2013.
All changes made during the Annual Benefit Enrollment Period take effect on January 1, 2013.
There are several significant plan changes for 2013 including:
- Anthem DentalBlue dental insurance will no longer be available in 2013. If you have Anthem DentalBlue and you want dental insurance beyond what is included in your health insurance plan, you should consider enrolling in Dental Wisconsin during the open enrollment period. Note: If you already have EPIC Benefits+ coverage, this plan includes benefits for major dental services. Employees may have coverage under both the Dental Wisconsin and EPIC Benefits+ plans.
- The amount you can contribute under the Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) Medical Reimbursement plan will decrease from $7,500 to $2,500.
- If you have Physicians Plus, be aware that the provider network is significantly changing in 2013. You should review the new provider network to see if it suits your needs.
- If you have Anthem Blue – Northwest Health Plan or WPS Metro Choice Health Plan, your premium contribution will increase significantly in 2013. Both of these plans have moved from Tier 1 (least costly to employees) to Tier 3 (most costly to employees). You may change health plans for 2013.
- If you live in the northwestern part of the state, a new preferred provider plan, WPS Metro Choice Northwest will be available. It is a Tier 1 plan (least costly to employees).
Detailed benefit information will be available in early October on www.uwservice.wisc.edu/2013. You should also watch your email for details.
ETF's fall presentation schedule is now available. http://etf.wi.gov/news/public_presentations.pdf